Statement from Microsoft on Supporting Manufacturing Community during COVID19
Microsoft has published various blogs containing statements from industry leaders about responses in industry and technology to the COVID19 pandemic.
Çağlayan Arkan, Vice President, Manufacturing Industry, Microsoft, said about manufacturing: “We are hearing from our manufacturing customers around the globe about how the outbreak of COVID-19 is creating new challenges as they work to handle drastic shifts in materials supply and customer demand, and manage factory closures, while contributing to the production of critical supplies to first-line responders across the globe.
While many manufacturers face challenging disruptions to supply and demand in their businesses, some are reconfiguring their production, supply chains, and services to deliver critical supplies such as:
- A consortium of major UK industrial, technology, and engineering businesses from across the aerospace, automotive, and medical sectors have come together to . The supply chain of the ventilators is being supported by , and Microsoft worked with Accenture to launch it in just three weeks.
- Schneider Electric has joined forces with Air Liquide, Groupe PSA, and Valeo to produce .
- Chinese automaker BYD, the world’s largest electric vehicle manufacturers applied its R&D to alleviate shortages that affected hospitals and agencies across China and that is now producing 5 million masks and 300,000 bottles of disinfectants per day.
- Honeywellis sharing its best practices at its own manufacturing facilities, .
- Rockwell Automationhas shared its commitment to .
- Siemenshas also been at the forefront of and is sharing its for manufacturers.
- Bloom Energy, Almo, and the State of Californiaare partnering to
- Sandvik Coromantis working overtime to .